Women with autoimmune disease are clearly at risk for miscarriages and poor reproductive outcomes. Western Medicine often recommends blood thinners (Aspirin, Heparin and Levenox), steroids and intravenous immunoglobulin.
Chinese medicine has been treating autoimmune infertility for thousands of years. Treatments focus on achieving inner body balance such as:
- Clearing the heat and draining dampness to reduce inflammation.
- Helping circulation to move obstruction and stagnation.
- Reinforcing Yin energy to tonify Kidney Yin deficiency.
- Strengthening both Kidney Yin and Yang to prevent miscarriage.
- Reducing stress to prevent excess heat and Qi stagnation.
Based upon Chinese Medicine assessment, patients usually receive weekly acupuncture and herbs for their particular imbalance. They also will learn how to take care of themselves to avoid exhaustion and release stress by using meditations. Generally, we suggest patients stay away from processed foods, sweets, spicy foods, caffeine and non-organic meats. Other lifestyle changes such as moderate exercise and at least seven to eight hours of sleep each day.
If you suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss or been diagnosed with autoimmune infertility please contact us at 9726716688. For more information on how acupuncture can help with infertility in general visit our website.